We would like to thank you for the support that you have shown though these challenging and unprecedented times. We have greatly appreciated all of the calls and messages and do hope that you have enjoyed our Zoom classes and lectures that we have been able to deliver. The horses and ponies here at TPEC and those in the lush holiday fields have had their extended holiday but are now looking forward to seeing you…
The journey is far from over but the Government has, as you will know made some changes to our lockdown and this does facilitate some horse-riding reopening.
We have studied all Governmental, BHS and BEF guidelines and the first phase of re-opening will only include Private one to one flat lessons or hacking. This is not a model that allows us much flexibility in a riding centre that relies on volume to pay the huge overheads, there will be a small income that just will cover a fraction of our costs. We are therefore opening in a modest way to bring some of you back to riding.
However, the safety of our clients and staff does not, at present allow us to teach beginners or intermediate riders that are unable to mount and ride independently. All private lessons will be for 45 minutes as we feel that for both the horse and rider’s fitness this will be the optimum re introduction. This also allows for time to disinfectant all of the tack etc before the next lesson.
We have now moved over onto an online booking system which is hosted by EC Pro. You can access this system in various ways:
Via our website https://trentpark.com there is a link for clients to register onto the system.
It is also available via https://trentpark.ecpro.co.uk
You need to register via a computer or a tablet or phone prior to downloading the app. The riders then need to be added to your account. Once you have registered you can then download the EC Pro App to your mobile device.
If you have any issues with your registration or booking please do not hesitate to contact our reception team by telephone on 0208 363 8630/9005 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with the booking process.
We currently have very limited slots and all slots will be shown on the EC Pro website/app. Please do keep checking as we will try to release as many slots throughout the coming days as we can. We do not have the normal level of staffing and as we are only able to offer private lessons this restricts availability hugely. Once booking has been made you will receive all details of our new policies, including what to wear, entering and departing along with a confirmation of the booking.
We know that with this opening there will be happiness for those of you that can participate and some frustration for those who are not able to fit these temporary criteria but we are working to get back to some normality as soon as it is possible. We will of course review these frequently.
Please see below for the amended Terms and Conditions for horse riding at Trent Park.
We look forward to welcoming some of you back to TPEC and we hope to see our other clients soon thereafter.
All our good wishes to you all stay safe.
Sue, Chris and Claudia Martin,
Maria and the whole team at Trent Park
Please see below our updated Terms and Conditions:
- If you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms please do not leave your house and self -isolate for 14 days. We reserve the right to take a Client’s temperature if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19. If it is deemed that you are unable to ride we issue a refund or credit your account.
- All riders must sanitise their hands on arrival (sanitiser situated outside office)
- The office will remain closed and on arrival please follow the guidance from the carpark.
- The toilets will be open, however it will be on a one in one out basis. Where possible please avoid making use of them for health and safety reasons.
- Clients and staff are to maintain a 2m/6ft social distance from each other
- PPE will be worn by all staff should an incident or accident occur.
- Only one parent or guardian with each under 18 year old. Please only stay on the premises for the duration of your lesson.
- Clean riding gloves must be worn when riding
- Clients must provide their own hat and boots at this time. These are available to purchase should you need to. We can arrange sizes via email.
- Our cafe will remain closed at this time so please bring your own refreshments