What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website or register through our online registration system?
- Information you provide to us while registering with our website (your name, telephone number and e-mail address) either when using the contact form or newsletter registration form.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services & products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our us on.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website. This includes your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, enter information on our site or register to horse ride at our Centre. We will also collect information from any correspondence including email and verbal.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- Administer our business, website, and online presence on social media platform.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Send you e-mail notifications that you specifically requested.
- Send you marketing communications. This can include an e-mail newsletter, if you have subscribed. You can opt out of our newsletters at any time. This can also include promotional activity, such as sale events, discounts and invitations to events.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
We are using MailChimp in order to send you marketing and non-marketing newsletters. More about how Mailchimp is collecting and collating data can be found at the following links:
- About the General Data Protection Regulation: http://eepurl.com/c97Tcr
- General Data Protection Regulation FAQs:http://eepurl.com/dufEZb
- Collect Consent with GDPR Forms:http://eepurl.com/dqP8Bb
- About MailChimp, the EU/Swiss Privacy Shield, and the GDPR:http://eepurl.com/c567FL
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order to maintain the safety of your personal information.
How do we store personal information?
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law, this is a minimum of 6 years.
- Personal information that we process for horse riding lessons or informational purposes shall not be kept longer than is necessary for those purposes and is required by law.
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Why do we store your personal information?
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, disclosures required by law or court order, disclosures to the police, tax authorities or other public or government authorities.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- In order to provide information to our insurers.
- To provide you with information (for instance, via newsletters) about goods or services we feel may interest you. We will contact you in this manner if you have consented to this expressly by opting in on our website or via e-mail or through our registration system. Interaction (clicks to view items detailed within newsletters) via our newsletters will constitute as consent prior to 25th May 2018. After this date, opt in participation will be required.
The payment process and what data is used?
- Payment is processed by Worldpay.
- The details supplied and stored by Worldpay will be encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- Trent Park Equestrian Centre Ltd is PCI compliant. A record of this certificate can be viewed on our site premises, Oakwood N14 4UW.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since all browsers are a little different, look at your browser’s ‘Help Menu’ to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, it won’t affect the user’s experience.
We use Google Analytics on our website. Google Analytics sets cookies in order to track your usage of the website. Google Analytics stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the USA. Google Analytics might also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes stated above. More information on how Google uses data can be found here: https://privacy.google.com/intl/en-GB/your-data.html
Disclosing personal information:
- We will not, without your consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order and arrange shipment, this implies your consent that we can collect and use it for that specific reason only.
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advises, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required by law and/or in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- We may disclose your personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for purposes of fraud prevention).
We may disclose your personal information in the event you violate our Terms and Conditions of sale.
Apart from the reasons stated in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
- Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
- We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
- Third parties may include but are not limited to: Worldpay, LiveLoveRide™, Royal Mail, WordPress, UKDedicated Servers, Google, Insurance providers, Payment providers.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We agree to the following:
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email within 30 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Send you additional information related to our service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- In order to comply with our Insurance Company policies
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
You can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
A: East Pole Farmhouse
Trent Park Equestrian Centre
Tel: 0208 3638630